. THE PALACE – Martelli Porsenna & Patrone SRL

The Palace

BUILT IN 1613

The property, headquarter of Martelli Porsenna & Patrone srl, was built in 1613 to a project by Bartolomeo and Cesare Bianco, inspired by the residence of Cristoforo Spinola, and results from the combination of two pre-existing medieval houses.

The Spinola family had been a previous owner, as shown by notarial acts of 1587.

From 1613 to 1761 the building was the property of the Torriglia family, who were senators of the Republic of Genoa, and, afterwards up to 1803 it belonged to Gerolamo Durazzo it was owned by the Lercari family until 1827, when the property was acquired by the Parodi family, who are the current owners.

In the early XIX century one storey was added to the original building.

The construction took 15 months, with a cost of L. 15,700, Genoa’s currency at that time, using materials from the west of Genoa: white lime from Monte Gazzo and fossil sand from Sampierdarena, both transported by sea and then carried to the yard on donkeys and ox-and-carts.

On the first storey of the building, the floors were in terracotta “quadretti ordinari di Savona” (floor-tiles from Savona); the water supply was from a cistern in the basement, supplying the kitchen via a well.

A henhouse was located in the attic.

The 2nd storey interiors have ceilings and overdoors with stuccoes and polichrome decorations that date back to the XVIII century.

The staircase is as it was in the XVII century except for the replacement of the slates of the steps with marble.

Nowadays the building’s interiors have been completely renovated, and the facade restored to the ancient splendor of the XVI century.

The Palace

BUILT IN 1613

The property, headquarter of Martelli Porsenna & Patrone srl, was built in 1613 to a project by Bartolomeo and Cesare Bianco, inspired by the residence of Cristoforo Spinola, and results from the combination of two pre-existing medieval houses.

The Spinola family had been a previous owner, as shown by notarial acts of 1587.

From 1613 to 1761 the building was the property of the Torriglia family, who were senators of the Republic of Genoa, and, afterwards up to 1803 it belonged to Gerolamo Durazzo it was owned by the Lercari family until 1827, when the property was acquired by the Parodi family, who are the current owners.

In the early XIX century one storey was added to the original building.

The construction took 15 months, with a cost of L. 15,700, Genoa’s currency at that time, using materials from the west of Genoa: white lime from Monte Gazzo and fossil sand from Sampierdarena, both transported by sea and then carried to the yard on donkeys and ox-and-carts.

On the first storey of the building, the floors were in terracotta “quadretti ordinari di Savona” (floor-tiles from Savona); the water supply was from a cistern in the basement, supplying the kitchen via a well.

A henhouse was located in the attic.

The 2nd storey interiors have ceilings and overdoors with stuccoes and polichrome decorations that date back to the XVIII century.

The staircase is as it was in the XVII century except for the replacement of the slates of the steps with marble.

Nowadays the building’s interiors have been completely renovated, and the facade restored to the ancient splendor of the XVI century.

Gallery

Martelli Porsenna & Patrone SRL | Partita IVA: 00874780109 | Iscrizione  RUI: A000012989 | Capitale Sociale: 26.000,00 | Tutela dell’assicurato | Sito web soggetto alle norme di vigilanza IVASS

Privacy Policy